a scam, page-18

1. 18,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    Paypal does look after the buyer more than the seller. I've been in a situation where the seller says a description of the item but when you get to see it in your hands it is totally different. Obviously going through ebay and using paypal as method of payment I down rated the sellers feedback. Little did I know that paypal actually acts on the feedback you put down.

I've posted the following below on a thread called "any bad experiences with paypal" which can be found HERE

-----------------------------

I've had a good experience with Paypal, a very good experience infact.

Bout 12months ago i bought an ipod off ebay from someone in melbourne, the description was kinda like.... "not in perfect condition but still works, needs some glue around the edges to make the back case fit more securely etc..."

Since i was going to pull apart the ipod anyways and replace its motherboard into my old one i didnt really care that it needed to be fixed you might say.

1 week later it arrives, their description was totally wrong, there was no way it could be repaired with just a bit of glue etc.. but why was i to care. So anyways had to fill in the "feedback" and was told to be honest so i did... told them that their description wasn't how the item was suppose to be and that the postage charges were a bit extreme. (charged $12 when postage stamps came to a total of $5).

3 months later i get my paypal statement not only had the payment been taken out it had also been refunded the following month. So in the end i got a free ipod and parts.

Who says honesty will get you no-where? mmm

--------------------------

There was no contact from paypal to me to see if I was telling the truth or not, no emails exchanged from the seller to me either.

I'll only use paypal as a buyer never as a seller cause of the reasons above. There are just to many dishonest people out there. Plus, how can you fight over it in court if you have no idea where the person is located in the first place?

Mark

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.