a scam, page-19

1. 20,219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 510
    people please
    why fool about with Pay Pal ?????????

just ask for a direct deposit into your Bank Account
    and when the amount is shown on your account records, THEN and only then does the buyer get the goods sent to them

its easy, its quick AND importantly it sorts any potential crooks out within seconds

we deal internationally all the time
    AND I CAN assure its the only safe way to go

so stop playing with Pay Pal please

----------------------------------------------------------
    and now a true tale
    which at the time seemed impossible

my uncle in country Queensland had an old 3 speed petrol Toyota Troopy which he had had forever

and was going to take it to the dump as he thought nobody would want a Troopy so old

but then along came one of his sons and suggested add it, the Troopy to EBay, as someone might want the truck for parts

ok, on EBay now and no buyers, which didn't really supprise anyone

then one enquiry, asking about the Troopy and enquiring a phone number to talk about the truck

next a phone call with a very broad Texan voice at the other end

Uncle thinking and asking, who is it speaking as he thought it was a friend however the person said he was calling from Texas, yep sure Texan in Queensland, no, Texas as in the United States

uncle almost hangs up and tells the caller to stop fooling, (in the nicest way possible, kind of)

Uncle asked for his Bank Account details and the caller will deposit the asking amount into his Bank Account tomorrow, Australian time

Uncle asks again, who are you and where are you from, no name but still from Texas, again Uncle tells the caller to stop the b/s and don't call again

with which the caller states 'after payment you are to take the truck to Brisbane and my agent will take the truck from there".

NOW alarm bells are going off, this is a scam of some kind, Uncle gets (lets just say excited and tells the caller to b...off and hangs up the phone)

within minutes another call, this time from Brisbane
    and this caller is a Customs Broker

from here the story is all sorted out quick
    the Broker states wait till the money is there in your Account tomorrow, and call me back

tomorrow comes, money is a TTransfer to Uncle's Account (how fast was that, as when we send funds to the US it takes days)

Uncle phones Broker
    all is explained in detail
    Uncle drives the Troopy to Brisbane and a container is ready with the doors open, to drive in

who was the mystery buyer
    as it turns out, the buyer as a Texan
    the World's largest collettor of Toyato Troopys and the Uncle's Troopy was a missing item in the collection and next stop for the Troopy is Texas, USA

All very happy now and the buyer even paid the silly price quoted on EBay without asking

therefore you never know who is the buyer

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.