RFG 0.00% 7.9¢ retail food group limited

Having studied the franchise system around the world I can...

1. 81 Posts.
    Having studied the franchise system around the world I can assert that the system is breaking down, and the model of 'screw the staff and suppliers and spend the rest on marketing' is very quickly dying.

Your many good points and issues I believe are all valid but often hidden from franchisees.

It is easy to lose everything just because a fit out agreement, franchise agreement and shopping centre requirements coincide. I have seen this so many times and when consulting to these people I honestly try to renegotiate, with, alas, little success.

There are far too many franchises allowed in this country. I can list dozens in the food game that have either stalled, been snuffed out or lasted two years or less. The franchise model works better in the US because the wages can be a third of ours here and their food prices are much lower.

I don't know about the ATO being the main culprit here. There are some who 'leave the til open' to avoid fees and GST, but some companies (DMP) can calculate your GP almost on an day by day basis, causing problems for this strategy.

The solution? Difficult because you need to control the business, and you just don't with a franchise. More understanding franchisors would be a help, along with some honesty in representation. I hope those in relevant positions are reading this, because it's really becoming a major problem in this country.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $196.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.8¢ 8.0¢ 7.7¢ $102.7K 1.325M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 53304 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 363650 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.