AFY 0.00% $2.74 afterpay holdings limited

@dubspec @Mexicanandre @AllFuelledUp @SWMiller Thankfully Bell...

1. 656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    @dubspec @Mexicanandre @AllFuelledUp @SWMiller Thankfully Bell Potter's newest report came out, and pretty much confirms my (our) concerns.

The book will be around $230-50m in FY19, the business is assuming it will have $170m in senior facility there... so youll have $8m-$10m in interest expense there alone.... @dubspec not sure they whether they will be able to get that type of facility without raising... maybe they can... NAB have raised their limit to $40m now... I suppose investors were hoping it would just be continually funded out of free money.

The analyst is recommending a $4 share price ( he should be shot for this) based off an FY19 multiple of EBITDA.... which is going to be $32m... so roughly 25x EBITDA... which is absurd, however based on an FY19 NP of $17m, by then its a $255m-$300m business at best.... proving its hugely overvalued

The business will push out $20-$25m in free cash in the next 5 years annually, at best, so unless you have rocks in your head, youd be discounting the current value off 15-20x $20-$25m ... this is laughable at best.... NPAT multiples higher to justify anywhere near its current value...even then its too contingent around raising tonnes of equity and debt to grow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.