AFY 0.00% $2.74 afterpay holdings limited

Re timing... so I still think there is a high % Fed will hike in...

1. 656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Re timing... so I still think there is a high % Fed will hike in June... (despite all this talk about Trump wanting low rates) and then November... Reason being is they need to normalise somewhat, before the next blow up occurs within the US market, which would force them into negative and probably take Europe with them. So if they hike in June, I think the market will realise they finally mean business, so our dollar might finally take the dive we so desperately need it to, but either way, I'd say if the RBA refuses to move by November, then our dollar will be extremely weak and our deposits would have shrunk materially... I have sold a good portion of my resi stuff very recently, ( not primary obviously, as I draw the line when it comes to living standards ) and commercial too - as its been stupidly hot, particularly inner Sydney... listed Assets are also exceptionally vulnerable too, particularly speculative ones... To me the RBA is probably in a catch 22... fail to hike and watch deposits go out the window ( as well as stability) ... Hike, then they can be seen to be contributing to the inevitable explosion.. IMO They might as well Hike as rates will go up anyhow, and culling deposits would be more catastrophic, to the stability of our banks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.