SLX 0.77% $3.86 silex systems limited

A short study in progress

1. 486 Posts.
    ADVANCEMENT OF CPV TECHNOLOGY
    Look at the news releases below showing progress, (or lack of progress).
    We see, finally a promise of an advance in tech slated for 2016.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austrade Expo Presentation - Shanghai, China - 5th July, 2010

SOLAR SYSTEMS CPV DISH TECHNOLOGY
    Low Upgrade Cost (now ~40% cells, future ~50%)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silex Systems - Investor Presentation - November 2012

Current efficiency >40% (~ 2x efficiency of silicon cells, ~ 4x efficiency of thin film cells) with roadmap to >50% efficiency
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FULL YEAR RESULTS AND OPERATIONAL UPDATE – August 24, 2012
    Translucent
    Engineering development of Translucent’s proprietary low-cost ‘VGe™’ substrates for application to ultra-high efficiency CPV solar cells has advanced considerably during the year. Furthermore, preliminary analysis conducted in collaboration with Arizona State University indicates these types of cells may potentially achieve solar conversion efficiencies of 50% or more.

Solar Systems
    The Company plans to release a lower cost and improved performance product to the market during CY 2013.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silex Investor Presentation – Australian Roadshow - 24th July 2013

Multi-junction cell technology: higher efficiency (>50% target in 3 years) and lower cost
    System efficiency: reduce losses and increase power output (e.g. increase concentration factor to 1000x
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Investor Presentation -November 2012

ADDITIONAL TESTING AT BRIDGEWATER
    12 Mini-Dishes installed* (concentration up to 1,000 suns)
    *Where are these new Mini Dishes? What are the results of said testing?
    I recall a Presentation by Michael Lebby*, Translucent – March 2012
    He, (Lebby) stated 35 kW performance in 2012 and higher with 40% efficiency cells…
    So, where are we today? Anyone?? Don’t be shy, please speak up.

*I have the link to that Presentation in my files; I’ll have to dig it out and look at it again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.030(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $914.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.91 $3.96 $3.84 $1.705M 439.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2500 $3.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.86 5844 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.