A Special Dedication to Man's Best Friend, page-23

1. 4,773 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    Thank you Meteor
    Really appreciate your response and hope your friend meets with resounding success.
    If I ever get another dog I will simply not rely on the efficacy of the pet food producers this time around.
    There is no proof of any sort that would implicate anyone as being guilty of anything, either knowingly or not, but the grief of losing her is so great that it can't be left to chance.
    There is just too much at stake.

Unfortunately the Cavalier has breed weaknesses (as do other breeds) such as neck vertebrae, heart murmur and skull size issues so it is difficult to recognise problems as they arise. Sometimes they seem to be a little off-colour only to bounce back and be fine in a day or two.
    What I can say to anyone who has a Cavalier is if they lose their appetite there is definately something wrong. Get it checked !
    I didn't know any of this as we really only got her by default- a breeder (to cut a long story short) was going to put her down because she had a hernia so we took her to save her life and never looked back.
    I would do it all again in a heartbeat but the Cavalier is certainly not for everyone, including myself originally.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.