A Special Dedication to Man's Best Friend, page-24

1. 1,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Hi everyone, I just want to thank all of you who sent me messages of condolences on the loss of my beloved dog, Tammy. I really appreciate all of your lovely, thoughtful messages - just so nice of you all! The responses and likes to my post, have been overwhelming and very heartwarming. I'm sorry to hear of the loss, of your beloved pets also. We all go through the heartbreak of losing a pet at some stage, but it seems, it's all too soon. I've lost many pets over the years, and it never gets any easier, each time you eventually adopt a new one - and so it continues. Unfortunately, due to changes in my health and other difficult circumstances, I am unable to get another dog. I've always had dogs in my life, so it's going to be lonely without one. I still have three cats left, that I'm trying to deal with and am finding that a little much lately! My 14 year old 'Ragdoll' cat, has kidney disease, so I don't know how long she has left. I have to keep giving her electrolyte fluids every 3 hours, and so far she continues to do quite well. She's a tough old girl and has never been sick a day in her life, up until now, but kidney disease is common in old cats. The two naughty boy cats drive me nuts, they are 'fighting fit' as usual, but I have to keep them apart a lot of the time now, as they just can't seem to help themselves. (Thank goodness cats sleep a lot of the time)!

@gmcg - I am so sorry to hear that your dear little dog died so young, of such a nasty cancer. I know the grief you feel, would be very overwhelming and heart wrenching. She was a lucky girl to have had such a lovely, caring family to give her a loving home. Sounds like she was a real sweetie and returned that love, as much as her little heart could give. As for the cancer, that's what my Tammy had, a malignant and quite large pelvic tumour, that she was diagnosed with last year (too long a story, to go into everything).

But, I will just say that other than a couple of problems, that the tumour caused initially - after that, she went for several months running around and quite happy, like you wouldn't even think she had one. She was a very strong and resilient little girl, and amazed even the vets. However, all of a sudden on a Sunday, she became quite ill, the tumour finally reared it's ugly head, big time and sadly, the end for her was pretty awful, to say the least. She was never sick a day in her life before that, so it came as quite a shock with finding out that she had a rotten tumour, as I'm sure it would have been for you gmcg, with your Dora. And, as is the same for people, there is no rhyme or reason as to why some dogs get cancer and others don't. If you decide to get another dog, I hope you find one, that is just as loving and sweet as your dear Dora was.

Anyway, thanks again everyone, and I will continue posting more humour soon, to keep my mind occupied and distracted, from all of the grief and stress, I've been going through. I didn't think I would be able to, but have found, that it does help.

Last edited by daydreamer: 29/05/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.