AMC 0.93% $15.25 amcor plc

An interesting article on SeekingAlpha today for Amcor. It...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    An interesting article on SeekingAlpha today for Amcor. It essentially puts forward that the company is fairly valued, expecting to continue to grow at moderate levels, has room for the paying out of dividends / buy backs.. but unlikely to expand shareholder returns much due to the debt levels. I think a generally held view - though perhaps I am slightly more bullish on the Bemis synergy runway and emerging market sales which could drive FCF growth a bit higher.

Regardless of where you sit there, what I found interesting was the author's proposed covered call strategy. Now I don't do derivatives, so it's not something I'd play with, but seemed quite a reasonable approach. Essentially, get paid an up front premium now to buy more stock in future at prices slightly above today's rates - if it goes up lots, you win with cheap stock; if it goes up a bit, you win with the premium; if it goes down, well you don't mind owning the company for long term so no drama. Again, not my thing, but other's may be interested.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4434024-amcor-plc-get-your-double-digit-return?mail_subject=amcr-amcor-get-your-double-digit-return&utm_campaign=rta-stock-article&utm_content=link-0&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.25
Change
0.140(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $9.120B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.25 $15.27 $15.22 $13.69M 898.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 17443 $15.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.25 28196 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.09pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.