MYR 1.27% 80.0¢ myer holdings limited

A step in the right direction...., page-8

1. 3,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 576
    Not only that but it shouldn't canabalize the current target demographic, very good move in theory.
    I'm really looking forward to the results!
    One BIG change I'm looking for is for the inclusion of the leases in the balance sheet.
    Big shorters have convinced themselves that MYR have $Billions in liabilities hidden in the leases.
    I think they completely ignore the fact that most of the leases are actually ASSETS not LIABILITIES as has been pointed out by Umbers and ignored by everyone
    Leases WERE for a weighted average of 3 years last update, that was a long time ago now, it's been suggested it's a $3billion liability.
    If that's the case time has eroded around $400m from that liability already, throw in the fact that the longer leases are for the most profitable stores by the time you shut down a few underperforming stores and renegotiate a few leases things are looking pretty damn rosy to me
    Recognising the leases as a liability would also open the door to a very large write up in goodwill as the leases are for highly profitable stores.
    My belief is changing the accounting of the leases will actually add to the strength of the balance sheet(or perceived strength).

Ps: if I'm wrong I could lose 100% of my investment in the worst case scenario, shorters on the other hand are open to more than 100% losses, I believe I've done my homework but will pay dearly if I'm wrong LOL.
    My money is where my mouth is!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.