SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

a stroke of luck

1. 1,859 Posts.
    Hi All

I posted this on the general thread, its a warning & one I hope SDL holders will take notice of....

We keep on getting emails about the signs of stroke.

No doubt like many among you I know the signs, yeah, I know the signs, do I? Do you?

Last Saturday I had a stroke, despite the obvious I didn’t do anything about the danger I was in. That morning while I was on the computer I noticed I was having trouble on the keyboard, was a little disorientated, even my doctor didn’t catch on, she was here 2 hours later on an unrelated matter … but I did mention my experience to her.

Later that afternoon, I was in San Jose doing some shopping & wham, it happened, I could not talk or move. Some 15 minutes later I was able to get a taxi home, I was back to normal and later that night I spoke to a mate in New York, there wasn’t a sign I had anything wrong, life as they say was treating me well.

The next morning however I was like a drunk! It was off to hospital to learn I had a mild stroke. I was lucky and told by the neurologist in time I would recover. I now have serious problems talking and walking even typing is this post is very difficult.

I am normal, just like you the reader, blood pressure ok, cholesterol ok, sugar level a bit higher than average, I am 61 & in reasonable condition, no one in my family had history & I was not a candidate …. or so I thought.

So what did I experience, the first thing I noticed was difficulty using the keyboard I was having a hell of a time, my eyes were really stinging, I had trouble swallowing and had flu like symptoms, when I stood up I was very disorientated & I had a slight numbness on the left side.

So why have I written this, hopefully one of you will recognise the symptoms if it happens to you, it takes nothing to call a doctor and it could save you from serious injury.

I had a stroke of luck

DTrad

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.