ANZ 0.64% $29.97 anz group holdings limited

a super buy, page-16

1. 525 Posts.
    Hergerr wine, women & song makes the world go round. You know what makes the stock market go round?....Difference of opinion.

Imagine if we all agreed on a share going up. Or we all agreed on a share going down. No shares would ever be traded. We all need difference of opinion to do business in the stock market.

So if you think the ANZ price is going to fall you sell your ANZ shares (if you don't have any, you post your thoughts on HC & convince someone else to sell) and then I buy em or someone else who wants to buy ANZ does.

Hergerr, you posted some relevant points, but I believe the banks have been through a few recessions before. Aussie banks have had dramas in the past and they will have issues in the future. Handling risk is their business and they have a proven record of managing it. Whether you loan money or deposit money the odds (interest) are always stacked in their favor.

As a bank customer I sometimes think the banks get looked after too well by the laws of Aus, but as a shareholder I'm happy they are a government protected species. Laws governing mortgages are different in Aus compared to USA.

It wouldn't surprise me if banks sp's went down another 20%, but maybe they won't. I'm not smart enough to pick the bottom, so I'm punting on ANZ paying a div of $1.36 in the next year and getting 13% ROI. Or maybe I'm wrong & I lose my dow. Only time will tell. And time is a very important part of the formula for making money in the stock market.

Hot copper.....the best place for D.O.O.

Your opinion is much needed and most welcome.

Kind regards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.97
Change
0.190(0.64%)
Mkt cap ! $90.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.86 $30.10 $29.82 $136.8M 4.564M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2654 $29.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.99 87920 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.