BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

A takeover on the cards!?, page-48

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    good point viva, keep the research coming

on another note I just went into 5 supermarkets, just to try and see if I could justify all the doom and gloom and see if the world was ending for bellamys, even without china bellamys is still selling in Australia and from what the shelves tell me, no worse than any other brands.

out of each brand on the shelf bellamys looked the most depleted, in some cases even more than A2, in addition it wasn't as heavily discounted as other brands, discount of 26 down to 24 bucks, furthermore I looked at the expiry date on a lot of the tins, manufactured in September 2017 with expiry not until like august 2019.

so in summary, even without the daigou sales I think BAL will still survive even off its 4500 distribution outlets within Australia, this will keep the company going just fine one would think until it finds its feet in china with the regulatory changes.
    In addition from an Australian perspective, we all know aussie mums love a bargain especially in a tough aussie economy, so even if BAL had to drop its price to say 19-22 bucks a tin to stay competitive, then im sure there would still be some profit for them.

look at page 11 of report, link in vivas post, majority of revenue out of Australia not china, and even without the daigous in Australia im sure they will still generate a decent revenue going forward.

just some observations I thought I would share anyway

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.