Hi Sheep dude,I got my Engel years ago and it is still going...

1. 516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    Hi Sheep dude,I got my Engel years ago and it is still going strong. Apparently they only have two moving parts and are the most efficient. Just plug it into the cigarette lighter of your car if you are using it on the move.
    On camping trips I used to use a small car battery and it would run the fridge for three days, these days I have a duel battery system in the ute and solar panels so I can stay out even longer (I also run LED lights and a satellite TV system if its cricket/footy season).

I also freeze the snags and stuff before I leave and once I've filled the fridge if its only half full I'll put some frozen water bottles in as this reduces power use( less air to chill), I've even done it with frozen beer cans as they dont explode.

With all the time you spend on the road you'll definitely get good use out of it but I'd stay away from the cheaper ones.( anyway you hold LTR so you can afford one of the dearer ones)wink.png

Lastly an engel is one of the few electrical things I would buy second hand as they are literally built to last for ever, I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger fridge/freezer version, so check out if there are any second hand ones for sale in your area. The waeko ones are pretty good also but at around the same price I'd always go with an Engel.

The other thing to consider is a bag of ice is about 5 bucks these days and you dont have to worry about stuff getting water logged from the melted ice.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.