FAR 2.13% 46.0¢ far limited

A 'testing' question

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531

Hi all,

A few on the other thread have postulated whether FAR have left open the question of testing the Samo well.

I actually think they may have but maybe not for full flow testing, but possibly for Connectivity.

It has been the stated belief by management that the 400 series extends from SNE to Samo.  We also know that they have left some pressure testing gear in 1 or 2 SNE wells.  And I'm just guessing that there will be just a few parties that would have a major vested interest in knowing the question of connectivity.

Now I have had many roles in and around this industry and am very comfortable with most engineering questions, but I will stop way short of borrowing a reservoir engineer's hat.

I've examined the formula for pulse-pressure testing, and given the 25+km distance to the SNE wells, I am concerned that the permeability (while seemingly great) may not be sufficient to permit any detectable pressure difference over that huge distance.

So can any petroleum/reservoir engineer here please confirm for me that I am really wasting time (or just insane) for even suggesting one could do a pulse pressure test over 25km?

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $42.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 47.0¢ 46.0¢ $70.53K 152.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 161924 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 1519 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.