BLY 0.00% $2.91 boart longyear group ltd

a thought

1. 2,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    A thought..
    Regarding the selling down in sp or the short sell of boart.

The smart shorters would have been setting up before boarts announcement, say anywhere from 40 and up. I get a feeling once the purged open at 32 there was a spike upto 37.5 before selling pressure resumed. That spike was those smart shorters covering. Now when the pressure was put on at 37.5 there was not a hell of a lot of volume to get back there (33`s). So i am thinking there is a fair few shorts left with only 5-20 % possible targets, and pretty nervous.
    With the volumes on the shortsell list peaking that fateful day(34mil/19th; 17mil/20th) and declining certainly puts the put in a vulnerable state for some.
    Having the sp open higher than the previous days close is also an indication,that a) the sp is ripe for the pickings. B) Those that have puts are covering.
    Technically could be due for a support/bounce as indicators have had a breather with the halt period/3 down days and a gap fill too boot.

If thinking of trading this please take a position on the T3, You will be flustered into selling at a loss and only aiding the puts. I will leave it upto you to see the flipside of that..

Just another spin on things.
    bldr

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.