CP1 0.00% 17.0¢ cannpal animal therapeutics limited

Thank you for your kind words. The main advantage I see with...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 353
    Thank you for your kind words. The main advantage I see with CPAT-01 is that the side effects are minimal compared to alternatives that are currently available. When we discuss long term requirements for pain relief, the majority of these patients are in their senior years, especially when you consider osteoarthritis and cancer to name a few common problems. As animals get older, all body systems will slow down especially the kidneys and liver which are important for the processing and eventual elimination of drugs administered. The kidneys and liver are also essential to maintain life. When the liver and kidneys slow down, care must be taken not to harm these organs any further. Currently the most widely used pain relief in animals is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), and long term use is known to cause kidney failure, declining liver function, gastrointestinal problems, and gastric ulcers/perforation. I see CPAT-01 as a breakthrough in being able to provide pain relief to these compromised patients that would otherwise have to be in pain because of their liver/kidney status, or those patients that proceed with NSAIDs for pain relief knowing that the kidneys/liver will be harmed in providing this pain relief. Just like the human population, cats and dogs are also living longer due to technology and medical breakthroughs. 10-20 years ago, life expectancy in dogs was 9-11 years; today it is 15-18 years.

We also encounter very complex cases where pain needs to be managed, but the patient has several pre-existing medical conditions e.g. a dog with Cushings disease that has just ruptured its cruciate ligament. The veterinarian then needs to determine the best way to treat the animal with the least amount of side effects.

Any medical practitioner that is faced with a problem will want to get the best outcome for their patient. The most effective way to do this is to compare various treatment options available, and implement the one with the least number of side effects.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.