a voice for men - take a stand for man's sake, page-53

1. 8,606 Posts.
    Hey Little Fella,

Marital/defacto Separation is an entirely different issue to that of Child matters nowadays.

Thankfully, its no longer the 80's or 90's where what you said was a common place result of the court system.

Now, i know of many men and women who have exact 50/50 rights - as they live close to each other and that arrangement is practical for the children.

Often, the only element that doesn't create that equality for the kids is if one parent lives a long way away.
    (Sometimes a game was played with Domestci Violence Orders etc that allowed one parent to take the kids away - which later reflected in the lop-sided care and living arrangements for the child).
    IMO, this latter point needs to be identified by the courts, as at the moment, DVOs and AVOs are most often at best only forms of 'parental point scoring'. Only when DVOS and AVOS attract criminal penalties for 'vexation' and 'vilification on false grounds' will this parental point scoring become a murky water to be avoided by both parents.
    Only when it is investigated before the order is made, can it be fixed.

Until then, we will always have it as the weakest link in the chain and it will cause lop-sided situations.
    I see that as the only thing stopping the sound appraisal of a childs 'care', 'living' and 'times spent with' arrangments.

That is only my opinoin and many have been dragged through the system enough that they have given up trying, due to enormous costs and mental health pressures...which is why men need refuges, in line with those on offer to women.

As someone else said too - i could also write a book on the system and the discussion i've had with men and woman reveal all the weak links that exist on both sides of the gender and legal fences (both sides have weeds growing lol).

Cheers

L

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.