a win win win win win win policy for labor ..., page-36

1. 106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    If I may steer this thread off the beaten path...

Regarding nicotine, sure, its one of the most addictive substances known - in some cases one cigarette is enough to get hooked - but the addiction is nothing like it's made out to be, even taking into account the differences in biological makeup between individual smokers. Fact is, nobody wakes up in the middle of the night to satisfy the craving. The myth that it is hard to quit is so rampant that it is not even questioned anymore. The psychological addiction is on par with the physical, thinking you need your little crutch.

Another problem is the patronizing approach taken with smokers. Every smoker knows what it does to them. Pointing out their apparent stupidity will only stress them out and have them reaching for the lighter.

I quit smoking 18 months ago. It is the best thing I did, my confidence is back, I feel 1000% better. I would constantly beat myself up for smoking and despair that I still pursued my filthy little habit. Quitting was not as hard once I made up my mind that I would be a non-smoker.

I had a little help along the way, and I would recommend Allen Carr's 'The Easy Way to Quit Smoking' to anyone considering ditching it. Best thing you'll ever do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.