a win win win win win win policy for labor ..., page-63

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ... ban smoking in the workplace and all vehicles.

This is how this thread started.

Well the company I work for did just that. Anywhere on the company premises and even on the way home inyour own car as long as you were wearing the company uniform. They announced this with a great fanfare nationaly in press and held company wide breefings. Our manager declined to answer my question what will happen to me if I am caught smoking in my own car on the public road wearing company uniform.
    He just read the company policy again and again until I got sick of asking.

This what happened. Peple just ignored it. Our principle engineer set the nature strip on fire several times, because ashtrays were removed. Fire brigade arrived and charged company fees, nobody investgated. Secluded place behind our office turned into a rubish tip full of cigarete buts. Lawmakers looked the other way. Everybody continued to smoke bosses as well as workers. Eventualy company established a smoker's retreats abot 3 minutes away. As far as I know the corporate policy has not been changed so the company contravenes it's own policy.
    Just goes to show if you make stupid laws you end up looking stupid.

By the way I do not smoke any more. My decission was based mainly on the information about the risk to my health that finally swayed me. I have put on weight but and am worried about health risks of obesity. Go figure. It drives me to drink.
    Brian.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.