NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

a word from the communities, page-17

1. 2,755 Posts.
    GoldenK

Thanks for the transcript as any information is helpful, I would first like to say I dont condone any violence towards these people and any violation of human rights isnt excusable. Its seems from these radio transcript there was a few parties present, local rep for Nkwe or should that be Genorah, Community leaders plus a rep of DME. Could it be possible that consultation was taking place with all these people present? Now I little cut and paste

"Mining houses have moved up there and without consulting the communities, in fact subsequently divided communities."
    "Weve have our own processes to verify as to whether the applicant has to their representative but also one has to understand in the divided community the issue of representatives becomes a big challenge"

...so there appears to definitely be division within the local communities...

"some of the residents have been arrested during violent protest against the company."
    "At the meeting, tempers ran high, with some community members suggesting that they go and remove the company from their land."
    "Anything that threatens the security of a person in the area where weve got security, well have to provide and assist."

...sounds like the security company was there for the drilling crews protection..

" I am not seeking permission to access the land this is what needs to be underlined. Once I am granted the right I have the right to go out on the land and do whatever I am entitled to do but because I know that someone is already there in terms of the land then I engage with that person say can I can I use this road there what is it that I am going to do when and what I can do at what time of the day."

..that was the DME spokes person and that implies Genorah had the legal right to be there...

"The security company employed is a South African company and that they are not aware that the company transported people from the DRC"
    "The arrival of security company with alleged DRC nationals as employees, has caused major unhappiness in the community."

Is it illegal in South Africa to employ non nationals?

"they got of the van started shooting we ran and I was shot on the back."

He's doing a radio interview on site, what was he shot with a bb gun?

" They attend meetings with their security guards when you speak in their meeting they point at you."

What meetings I thought there was no consultation?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.