CVN 2.56% 19.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

a word of caution

1. 177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I READ A LOT ABOUT PEOPLE EXPECTING THIS STOCK TO GO TO A DOLLAR OR 1.50. I have had cvn a nuMber of years, my original investment many moons ago would require the share price to get back to 86 cents just to break even. This field they are in is currently managed by a good team, but I'll clue ya, this is the teams second shot, the first time around they were with another company, many moons ago. The field produced thousands of bbls/day many years ago, however this field produces from volcanics and there are only about 3% of worlds fields producing from volcanics. You can imagine, very vuggy. The problem in the past has been water, its still the problem today. These wells can be producing 200-1000 bbls/day today and water tomorrow. That quick, like turning a tap on and off. Its a difficult field, there is oil there, but there is a shxt load of water as well. Its not just finding new oil, its maintaining production at current levels that will be the problem. CVN is along for the ride with their partners POA, I wouldnt expect this field to take them to the next level. Be happy if they can maintain current production and keep making some additions (that help maintain the current position. Dont be looking for the big field to come in, its highly unlikely. Just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $339.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.8¢ 19.0¢ $198.4K 1.021M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 953400 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 481616 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.