GPT 1.50% $4.74 gpt group

I believe that rationality will eventually prevail.Rationality...

1. 631 Posts.
    I believe that rationality will eventually prevail.

Rationality means that asset prices reflect their earnings capability. GPT has amended its primary hole - being its short term obligation to the banks. In the medium term its operational KPIs are, to my understanding, excellent.

GPT will continue to earn its $400m - $500m from its core portfolio, and sell off non-core assets when it realises prices that make the transaction worthwhile.

Current market cap is 4.5b odd - I expect the proceeds of sales to be applied to further reduce debt - which will increase yield. I am expecting a yield of about 9%-10% with a capital loss of 10% at current prices ... with the yield to increase given the current divestment strategy - proceeds of which will be funneled into debt reduction.

I further expect over time, with a stable yield that is increasing, and some silence from the newsroom (its a conservative company, remember!) that the buyers to be will gain some faith in its long term stability, at which point the market value should increase inline with new demand.

I hope GPT to be significantly better than holding money in the bank.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.74
Change
0.070(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $9.079B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.70 $4.76 $4.65 $24.57M 5.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 49169 $4.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.74 78820 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.