BEC 0.00% 33.0¢ becton property group

a

1. 4,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Becton have recently posted on their web site a comprehensive "white paper" into what they clearly see as their future...and its worth reading because its chok-a-blok full of compelling facts and statistics.

I've been a fan of BEC because of these simple facts:

(1) Demographically there is a HUGE need for social housing in Australia
    (2) BEC already have a solid reputation in this area and most importantly, solid relationships with both the VIC and NSW governments as well as leading community housing groups.
    (3) Rudd is spending $6.4bn in this area and the State govts are making contributions as well.
    (4) Some might say that the property market in Australia might well be over-priced at the top end...but social housing is at the very affordable end to take advantage of the first home owners grant and the 200,000 migrants who arrive in Australa ever year. Immigration, in itself, requires at least 75,000 to 100,000 new dwellings each year!
    (5) BEC already have Kensington in Vic 50% complete as a social housing community and Bonnyrigg west of Sydney is all approved and ready to start.

The document (all 10 pages of facts and figures) is worth reading and the only criticism I have of it is simply this:

BECTON HAVEN'T SOLD THEMSELVES SUFFICIENTLY!

I suspect it was written by some media hack who has reported the facts without really drawing the conclusion.

This IS a MASSIVE OPPORTUNITY and in these times what developer wouldn't want a piece of this action!

Perhaps that's why many of them are literally falling over each other to get the "Ministerial ear".

Becton already have it...can prove it...have done it...are doing it...have massive proprietary knowledge of how to do it...have the right connections (and partnerships) at the community housing level!

As I see it, social housing will give Becton a solid, continuous background earner that pays the bills whilst then allowing them to look at other highly profitable projects within their retirement portfolios and other developments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.