BEC 0.00% 33.0¢ becton property group

nice fine PP (i think this is what you spoke...

1. 103 Posts.
    nice fine PP (i think this is what you spoke of):

http://www.becton.com.au/html/pdfs/mediareleases/2009/Making_Housing_Affordable_-_A_Becton_Perspective.pdf

we can only hope that the humbling experience of the past year will make becton think twice about going massively into hock to buy up distressed assets (and becoming distressed themselves- i don't blame them, was tough to spot the exact timing of GFC back then), and just stick to their knitting (urban infill, social and retirement). i like that they seem to be sticking to nsw/vic, they are two-thirds of australia, no need to go further afield (i originate from the Gold Coast, where you can't walk to the shops without tripping over real estate spivs).

social and affordable housing could be considered the macdonalds of residential real estate - not the tasty margins like becton's melbourne seashore/toorak building, but put together a system that can be rolled out and repeated a whole lot and plenty of money can be made by economies of scale.

would anyone know of decent competition becton has in this social housing market? i'm not suggesting they do or will "own the space", but if the remainder of their competition are small mobs, then becton has a nice advantage (reg the builder could not put together bonnyrigg or kensington, and gov't love large projects...)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.