A1M 1.59% 32.0¢ aic mines limited

A1M: General Comments, page-584

1. 2,165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5799
    I reassessed my re-entry today but had to weigh up a number of factors and differentiate the timescales such catalysts would act upon.  Relevant news to me,

---  LME copper inventories are way up due to a surge in Chinese exports.  China normally imports Copper but weak domestic demand has surged its inventories leading to a flood of exports globally
    -- Contango market situation for copper with spot prices below futures market suggests more pain ahead
    - 'Union at BHP's Escondida copper mine in Chile signs new deal, ending risk of strike'.  Seems like the strike is averted.  BHP was never going to let it go on for too long even if they had to pay up as it would be losing money in any scenario where its not operating.  

In summary, copper looks bearish in the short term based on inventories due to weaker demand in China.  Copper and A1M will do fine IMO in the longer term (Great move on the cap raise when copper spiked).  I'll be back in at some stage hopefully once the inventory tops out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A1M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.0¢
Change
0.005(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $184.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 32.5¢ 31.5¢ $166.3K 517.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15154 32.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.5¢ 149001 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.44pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A1M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.