A2M 1.67% $6.48 the a2 milk company limited

a2 NEW upgraded formula, page-2

1. 6,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2615
    My guess would be price differentiation and to squeeze maximum margins. I'll explain. If you can't buy in Oz then you can't take to China grey market. Therfore maximum profit margin made by a2m selling through its official channels and no competition coming from cheaper grey market imports. Remember there is no way a2 can sell new formula in Oz for anywhere near that price (there would outrage and accusations of price gauging) . It would need to be sold comparable to its current price and high end competitors. This would then create an unacceptable high margin opportunity for grey market.

I think this is a very clever marketing ploy to find customers in China willing to pay for best of best. It means they can differentiate 1 product into 2 to find those who can afford to pay the significant premium as well as build growing mainstream customer base at same time.

Of course I could be wrong. But remember a2 have for many years built an understanding of how to market a premium product and this is why they enjoy the highest margins in the business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.48
Change
-0.110(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $4.684B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.59 $6.64 $6.41 $25.96M 4.015M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 103592 $6.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.48 48180 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.