A2M 0.00% $6.88 the a2 milk company limited

A2 on bullish rise, page-46

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I also drank that suff as a school kid, and you're wrong. There has always been a mixture of A1 and A2 in our dairy herds, even back in the 1960s, and it's not just a matter of what breed the cows are or were. There are Jerseys that have the A1 allele and Friesian Holsteins that have the A2, and lots of cows that have always been a mix of the two.

So the fact that Holstein Friesian may be more common nowadays is actually pretty irrelevant. In fact, the only difference nowadays is that cows and milk can be tested to see whether or not they are PURE A2. Unless they are, and unless A1 is completely excluded, it's not A2. That's what the upcoming A2M case against Lion/Pura is largely about.

Milk that's partly A2 or even mostly A2 but has some A1 doesn't avert the risks medically. Okay, the milk you drank at school didn't kill you (or me), but we're lucky, and we don't know how many of our schoolmates have unknowingly suffered health consequences because of it.

You say that chemicals don't have to be eliminated from the food chain with A2 cows, whereas they do with organic milk. That's getting into a tricky area of discussion regarding definitions. Rules about the use of chemicals, medications and hormones and certain types of feed are indeed imposed on A2 suppliers. For example, the a2 US website at <https://a2milk.com/faq/> states: "Our cows are not treated with growth hormones or rBST and our milk is antibiotic free." They are also pasture-fed and run their farms on eco-sustainable principles. That puts A2 milk in the US pretty much in the organic category although suppliers there are not at this point required to have organic certification.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.