A2M 0.00% $6.88 the a2 milk company limited

A2M $3 Party, page-38

1. 932 Posts.
    Once you get that luxury bike or car, you have it for as long as you want.

Start your baby on A2M and your a big chance of having to change it to another product.

Mothers talk. Their views are easily adopted by their relatives, friends and work colleagues etc etc. No they won't wake - they switch all together. As my sister 'n' law did to Karicare (Goat Milk). Now she tells everyone to go online and order it from Chemist Warehouse.

If this is an alternative and its available and the baby likes it - then do you think she will recommend A2M to anyone every again. NO - she is bitter about the experience. Subsequently she will tell anyone who listens not to bother with A2M because to quote. "They only care about the Chinese".

Now of course her view it utter rubbish, but perceptions is nine tenths reality. Mothers are one corner of the consumer market that you never ever upset. If you don't supply them, you upset them. Unlike your Kawasaki or BMW fan they don't stay a fan. On the contrary they actively campaign against you.

By not supplying to their current customer base, they are exposing themselves to the threat of loosing future customers in Aus and NZ. This problem will now shift to China. Basically A2M are loosing future customers in Australia and NZ for the sake of an uncontrolled release into the Chinese market. So without a massive supply increase A2M in 12mths could be alienating not only Aus & NZ mums, but also Chinese Mums.

A2M should engage with their customers directly like Blackmores are doing. Let the Mums of Australia and NZ register prior to their baby being born and SECURE supply. I believe this would be a winner.

There is no question of A2M's quality. I really believe it potentially has a long and prosperous future. BUT it must guarantee supply to its mature markets.

If you have a look at what Blackmores are doing you will see that they are deliberately staging their release to do exactly this.
    1) Mothers can register and be guaranteed of supply
    2) They are restricting access to the public by only selling it via a controlled release by major Chemist chains. This is because the Chemist Chains have a tighter logistics chain. No boxes of formula will be disappearing out the back door. It must be sold out the front door or on line. (eg) Chemist warehouse has auto restrictions built into their POS
    3) They have allocated a portion for online sale in China
    4) They will bring on the supermarket chains at a later date.

Blackmores are going to deliberately try and change the shopping habits of Australian & NZ mums. They will guarantee supply for them. They will also sure up supply within the Chemist chains, so Mums know they can get their emergency supplies from these chains.

Of course anyone who knows anything about launching a new product will tell you, will also tell you this is as much about promoting a new product in a controlled release (controlled production and costs) as it is about creating a Point of Difference in the market.

BUT

I believe they will create
    1) Customer satisfaction in Aus & NZ - Guaranteed Supply
    2) Create demand from mainland China
    3) Be able to accurately assess that net demand
    4) Flex up production to release to the Australian Supermarkets and supply directly to China (no shortages)
    5) Customer satisfaction in China - Guaranteed Supply

Once again I am a supporter of A2M and its product. But I do not have my head in the sand with respect to some of its challenges.
    Last edited by researchandwin: 17/01/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.88
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.973B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.90 $6.90 $6.80 $7.266M 1.060M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12501 $6.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.88 33092 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.