SRS 0.00% 7.1¢ spicers limited

a4 paper

1. 1,190 Posts.
    I would have thought the benchmark in the paper industry is selling A4 80 gms pffice paper. There is a lot to like about Paperlinx Reflex.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/search/Reflex+paper

Many competitor have whiteness to 135 or. 150. Reflex is to 160.

The ream covers and boxes are a strong blue with excellent yellow large font REFLEX. It is outstanding packaging. Also Aust has over the past decade grown up with it. It is trusted brand.

Even before buying Paperlinx shares I brought Reflex paper by the box.
    However for around 18 months I really had to hunt around within Officeworks Subiaco to find it. It was in the front corner.

A few days ago I was pleasantly surprised to fin close to the counter were pallets of my favourite Reflex in boxes and cartons. The price was $24.95.
    I did not price compare because I was carrying things and brought it because it was close to the counter and being a heavy item I did not want to walk further over to the other A4 paper section. Also I could loose my place in the checkout queue.

On the Officeworks internet site, if you only type in 'paper' all the brands will come up. Reflex is by no means the cheapest, but there is product differentiation. Also still engrained in Aust minds are the quick pace and catchy TV commercials. I guess Paperlinx pay extra to Officeworks to have their paper in such a prime position. The Internet is not so kind to Reflex being page 4 under paper.

Anyway Im happy to see the return of Reflex in a stronger way. Just imagine multiply this out right across Aust and then throughout the many countries. Obvious different brands. Paperlinx is said to have too many different brands, which in Europe and UK could be the case. I don't know if there is a specific German paper brand for example. The Japanese companies did well over time with branding of weird sounding companies like Fuji and Komatsu. Im not sure how much over the counter revenue PaperlinX has, but you would think it is the lion share of income. Some companies would buy by the pallet and these orders would be placed by a sales rep and delivered direct to the companies concerned - I would imagine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.