ALA 3.13% 15.5¢ arovella therapeutics limited

AAC Accepted Manuscript Posted Online 24 August 2015, page-4

1. 4,719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    Hi eddy20

Having read the document several times the most relevant section ( as far as I am concerned ) is the introduction, as this grabs your attention and is a compelling reason as to why the reader should read more and take notice of this study and ArTiMist.

The following are lines 65 to 87 of the Introduction.

Despite advances in the treatment of malaria in children, " the majority of deaths from severe malaria in childhood are caused by the delayed administration of effective antimalarial. There is a relentless deterioration in the clinical condition of a young child with malaria who fails to get effective treatment, with death ensuing in a matter of hours or days. Any successful attempt to reduce mortality from malaria will have to explore novel possibilities for minimising such delays (6).

There is a clear need for a formulation of an artemisinin derivative that can be easily administered and adequately absorbed in a child who may be unconscious or uncooperative, or in whom nausea and vomiting preclude oral dosing. Artemether can be used as initial intramuscular monotherapy for severe malaria in children(7). It is also a recommended first-line oral therapy in combimation with the longer half-life partner drug lumefantrine for uncomplicated P.falciparum (8) and P.vivax (9) in pediatric age-groups.

A new formulation of artemether in neutral oil, ArTiMist (Suda Ltd, Perth, Australia) has been developed that has the potential to minimise delay in administration of an effective anti malarial agent in children with complicated or severe malaria. ArTiMist is administered as a metered sublingual spray that is more rapidly and extensively absorbed than artemether given in tablet form in healthy volunteers (10)

In the present study, we assessed the safety, tolerability and clinical efficacy of ArTiMist and intravenous (i.v.) quinine for severe and complicated P.falciparum malaria in African children and in infected children who were unable to take oral therapy.

I am now even more sure (if that's possible) that ArTiMist will be well and truly a major conversation piece at the MPAC meeting in Basle September 16-18th and put some SIZZLE in SEPTEMBER.

kippax

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $163.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $324.3K 2.016M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 100094 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 333024 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.