AB1 0.00% 18.0¢ abarta resources limited

Oh man this is like PTSD flashback for me...Just a bit of a...

1. 8 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Oh man this is like PTSD flashback for me...
    Just a bit of a cautionary tale for some new investors (I'm relatively new too tbh):

So I have been saving up since I started my first job a few years back and always wanted to try my hand at the stock market as my family have been doing pretty well with their investments in the ASX.

So this was during the start of 2018 - I've been doing some readings and asking lots of questions, basically trying to learn as much as I could at the time.

Naturally, being the naive and greedy kid that I am, I was tempted by how quickly you can make multiples of your investment with penny stocks, which led me hunting for these elusive penny stocks with potential to skyrocket. At the time, I didn't really thought through just how quickly it can fall as well.

I came across AB1 as I was looking at the most active small cap share, and boy was I amazed by what I was seeing! They were making huge revenues from CDH and the trading volume was off the charts - I believe it peaked at 300 million shares traded at one point. They were also dealing with cryptocurrency, which was touted as the next big thing.

I thought to myself that this is it, my prized pony. There were lots of press which were overhyping it, and HC was full of people saying how amazing this stock is, comparing them to the likes of Zynga/Rovio/other major mobile company. So due to FOMO, I caved and bought in at the beginning of February. In fact, I bought even more as it was reaching the much coveted $0.100 which would mean that each increment would be 0.5 cents rather than 0.1 cents.

Man, greed is not a pretty. My dreams went away as quickly as it came as the share price plummets and day traders abandoned it.

Despite that, I was still a firm believer in AB1's direction. There were plenty of people who were stuck just like me, and some of them started to spread negativity in the forum. I'd be honest, there were many times where I just wanted to cut my losses and increased my other holdings (which would have done pretty well in hindsight - FMG at around $4.00). Thankfully my orders never did went through, so I held onto them and actually doubled my position to dollar-cost average down.

Fast forward 1.5 years later, I'm happy to say that I held on through this period.

Now as much as I love AB1, shares doesn't go up forever while dipping a just little along the way. I won't be surprised if the SP drops in the near future due to whatever reasons, but I know that I will hold strong and potentially top up again during the next drop. I'm looking at holding this share for another 3-5 years, barring some catastrophic event.

TL,DR: Time in the market beats timing the market. Also, never buy when it is at historical high.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AB1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.