abbot is right to deny costings, page-22

1. 34,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    what is it with labor? why arent you critising gillard for exactley the same thing? what if the advice she receives is against releasing the costings? will she still honour that comment?

and further what are the changes she is proposing? greater secrecy?

but looking at both of them why should either submit costings to these three buffoons when the election hasnt even been counted yet? they are overstepping their mark. i used to respect katter but now consider him to be a major embarrasment and should be summarily dismissed.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Ms Gillard said she had requested advice from the secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet about publicly releasing the costings of Labor and the coalitions election promises.

When that advice is received by me, I will of course release a copy of it to the independents, I will send a copy of it to Mr Abbott and I will release a copy of it publicly.

Ms Gillard said the requests of the independents went beyond the usual caretaker convention.

Some changes need to be made to the usual understanding of the caretaker conventions, she said.

My predisposition is to amend the convention as necessary to facilitate the requests of the independents.

AAP

www.smh.com.au/federal-election

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.