Agree but don't expect many to understand the level of economic...

1. 1,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Agree but don't expect many to understand the level of economic mismanagement we have suffered under all governments.
    I arrived in Australia in 1977 at quite a high level as a director of a major blue chip company and one of the things that astonished me was the influence large business had over government. The pity is that we appear to have a lot of politicians who simply have no grasp of finance and economics in general. That's a generous assessment because otherwise you have to conclude self interest and rank dishonesty.
    My natural inclination is toward conservative politics but am becoming increasingly incensed by this Government's complete lack of understanding of the concept of equity. Everything they do is coloured by their kowtowing* to the big end of town. Abbot has real blind spot with regards to the poor and the disadvantaged. Hockey is just way past his competence level.

*Kowtow, which is borrowed from kau tau in Cantonese (koutou in Mandarin Chinese), is the act of deep respect shown by prostration, that is, kneeling and bowing so low as to have one's head touching the ground. (Given the detail of the recent trade agreement with China you could not have a richer irony!)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.