Truly, it beggars belief that so many posts on here have somehow...

1. 414 Posts.
    Truly, it beggars belief that so many posts on here have somehow drawn a comparison between being right or left when it comes to child rearing.
    The truth is that in all sectors of our society there will be those that parent in different ways. It is not a politically driven thing.
    To hit a child is to show them that the way to deal with conflict is to use physical means, it is always far better to show them how to deal with conflict in the right way. Start early and not when the horse has bolted.
    I was not only smacked but also belted as a child, not unusual to be left with lots of welt marks, my siblings also got the same treatment. What it does is give a child behaviour that makes them think that any attention is better that none, that is a well documented fact.
    It is far better to show love and respect, children will respond to this and want to please parents, and do this by good behaviour.
    Neither myself or any of my siblings have hit their children, and have no need to. We all decided how damaging it was, I am proud to say that our children have grown up without any baggage like we did. The fear you remember never leaves you. I always say to my children and grandchildren that it is far easier to be a bad parent than a good parent.
    And by the way, it is truly sickening to read posts that allude to "smacking" wives or women in general when it comes to a sexual nature, to the vast majority of women they would not be turned on by a moron that thinks his sexual prowess is enhanced by showing a bit of "rough". You are showing your caveman mentality, and uneducated self, even being an aspirational liberal won't help losers like you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.