abbott admits to smacking his children, page-17

1. 8,527 Posts.
    hajji and others -

I might qualify my opinion - please, if one sees a seemingly allegedly kid out in public, one who appears "naughty", "obnoxious", "or throwing an ugly loud 'spoilt brat' type tantrum - be very careful in rushing to judgemental critical opinion.

I once made this false judgement on a child I adjudge naughty and horribly spoilt. Before I knew anything about children who are autistic - (and some littlies are not yet diagnosed - even their own parents may be unaware of looming problems - - or some children tragically are never properly diagnosed -)

Then an autistic child came into OUR family. How ashamed I was - that I'd jumped to such conclusions relative to someones else's child. Before I gained the knowledge I have now.

Yes, that supposedly "horrible" kid - perhaps kicking and screaming in Woolworths Aisle 4, may well have such a disability. We should never assume, or presume - that the parents are necessarily lax!

Benefit of the doubt is needed - for it could be - a desperate parent - embarrassed, doing their best - out in public - trying to control what is often the uncontrollable -perhaps (or perhaps not) the scenario. We have to be careful not to rush to quick judgement, and condemn.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.