The electorate was desperate for Gillard to be gone, just as a...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The electorate was desperate for Gillard to be gone, just as a young generation who had not known any government other than Howard's wanted him out too.

But I think there is an elephant in the room here that few comment on. That is confidence.

The government may make mistakes, but the people who pay the taxes and create the jobs through investment, - are no longer fearful of waking up tomorrow and finding some horrendous tax has been imposed, or their produce (eg. live cattle) is suddenly valueless over night. That became a fear so big that job-creators just stopped working.

I know those of you who accept government money but do not produce anything will not be able to understand this line of thinking, but if you talk to just about any business manager, you will find that what I say is 100% true. You should be thankful because without hard-working producing taxpayers, you would not be getting your handouts. Unless you borrow more, and you have just said you won't do that.

And so the money waiting for a productive home is on the move, for the good of all. Simply because of the confidence that goes hand in hand with responsible government.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.