.... abbott is a pm without power, page-61

1. 16,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8117
    sypaladin"writes:

"Is that the real reason you are against Abbott, for personal reasons that you declare on Philosophy and Religion Forum?"

I see how you come to this suspicion, namely via the inductive reasoning steps:
    - Members of the Catholic clergy sexually abused children
    - Adam hates sexual exploitation of children.
    - Abbott trained to be a member of the Catholic clergy.
    - Ipso facto, Adam hates Abbott.

(In fact, on reflection, I am now surprised no one came to that view sooner. The inference is certainly there for the easy making, so well done with your lateral thought process.)

But I am afraid that line of reasoning makes the same errors of logic as:
    - Cats have tails.
    - Dogs have tails.
    - Therefore cats are dogs.

I have also, in my very limited tenure on HotCopper (as some have sought it fit to point out, as if this has some or other relevance, but what it may be I do not know), posted on Dulux, Greencross Vets, Mesoblast.

By extension, you might argue that maybe I dislike Abbott because he hasn't painted his house for a while, or because he wants to pass anti-pet care legislation or because he is opposed to stem cell research.

The fanciful link you've drawn between Abott as a Prime Minister, and Abbott as a potential child sex predator, is - I assure you - merely coincidental, and there is no causality whatsoever.

I can assure you that my disliking of Abbott is for purely fundamental political reasons, and not for spiritual ideological reasons. He can believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden, for all I care.

What needs to happen - without a skerrick of doubt - is for Labor to remain in the wilderness until well after the year 2020.

And Abbott's bumbling buffoon ways leave me with little hope that Labor won't be back in power in three years' time!

He might have conviction ideas, but his delivery borders on inordinate ineptitude (unlike the multi-term John Howard, who was unmoving in his conviction, but articulated the case so that even the begrudging followed him loyally for a long time)

"If as you here say, are a staunch Liberal voter but anti Abbott, it may be."

What is so incredulous about that? Is it so far beyond the realms of possibility that it keeps being raised as an issue? Grow up.

"Labor got us in this mess, and Abbott and the LNP will gets us out. Labor has no chance, I repeat no chance to fix Australia."

I AGREE 100%

So that there can be absolutely no doubt about where I stand, I'll repeat:

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%

Which is why we need to only the best chance we can get to make sure it doesn't happen.

And Abbott is far, far from that best chance.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.