abbott patronises china, page-108

1. 47,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    gogo1

Re your post which included the query:
    "... Given that..what party gets your vote at the moment,and who to lead that party? And can you say how you see them coming anywhere near what you demand? ..."

Thanks for your interest in my views; not that I've made a secret of them. I readily admit to having low regard for the great majority of our pollies - on all sides! As far as I'm concerned far too many of them are ex union leaders, ex media people or entered Parliament from legal backgrounds. They are NOT from the mainstream!

I despair at our absurd Constitution that prevents Australians from directly electing their key leaders.

As a voter in Indi I used to vote for Lou Lieberman & still regard him as an excellent local MP - he remains highly respected.

No such luck with our current MP, Sophie Mirabella. The longer she has been here the worse her story as our local MP has become. IMO she's an absolute shocker!

At the last election I voted for an excellent local Independent candidate, Alan Lappin. First time up to the plate he achieved ~6% primary vote on a shoestring; almost the same vote as The Greens. He is still campaigning & if he contests the next election will again be my choice.

He looks certain to gain the first preferences of all other candidates. If that means Labor goes out before him as preferences are allocated he might just unseat Mirabella.

Nationally: Gillard Labor - nope! Abbott Coalition - nope! Milne Greens - nope!

IMO mainstream Australians have never discarded Kevin Rudd as PM; that's where I'm at. IMO he stood up to the excesses of the union movement & painted the sort of vision that appeals to mainstream Australians - his efforts to deliver were railroaded.

If Rudd was returned as PM he would act on the concerns that Julia Gillard has not heard & the people would listen attentively before passing judgement.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.