Abbott told to pull his head in over energy politics, page-25

1. 46,458 Posts.
    "What sniping and leaking from Turnbull?"

Timeline | PART 4 | Relentless Undermining

15th March, 2010 – Turnbull appears on the ABC’s Four Corners program to again attack the Abbott-led Coalition’s “direct action” policy on global warming, this time saying:
    “It certainly will not be effective for meeting the target of a 5% cut in emissions by 2020…it’s been widely criticised.”
    This is another Turnbull prediction that turned out to be wrong.
    In the interview, Turnbull also condemns Liberal Senator Nick Minchin for speaking on issues outside his portfolio responsibilities, calling it “entirely gratuitous“. This is despite the fact that Turnbull will go on to repeatedly do precisely this, in the Communications portfolio.
    14th April, 2010 – Former Labor Party speechwriter Bob Ellis writes an article for The Spectator titled “Turnbull is really one of us”, in which he says:
    “I co-wrote an unmade mini-series about him and the Spycatcher Trials in, I think, 1987, when he was at the height of his first celebrity, and saw a fair bit of him and Lucy in their home. I recall a quarrel they had over whether he should seek Labor or Liberal pre-selection. He narrowly favoured Labor…He retains, I think, a calf-love for Labor from his early apprenticeship with Lang, his partnerships with Neville Wran and Nick Whitlam and his genial contacts with Gough, Bob Carr and other cultured Labor figures.”
    28th July, 2010 – It is reported that Turnbull isn’t putting the Liberal Party logo on any of his campaign literature, signs or advertisements. This is a recurring habit, and yet more evidence that, for Turnbull, it’s all about using the Liberal Party as a convenient vehicle for his own ideological and personal agenda.
    Meanwhile, Turnbull has dinner with his ideological ally, Simon Sheikh from the leftist GetUp!, and proudly posts a photo on his social media accounts.
    Would someone like Sheikh ever be in a similar friendly photo with John Howard or Tony Abbott?

Turnbull and Simon Sheikh.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.