Abbott yet again declines ABC invitation

1. 46,283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    This morning while I was listening to ABC News, Zali Steggall made the effort to appear on camera for an interview about her candidacy as an independent in Warringah for the upcoming 2019 Federal Election.

After delivering a very well-articulated and powerfully convincing case for why she is a massively superior candidate to Tony Abbott, we were informed that he had DECLINED the ABC's request for an interview.

Abbott thereby made a NO appearance and effectively gifted Steggall a head start as he too laps up the extended holiday break granted by Scott Morrison at taxpayers' expense - perhaps preferring budgie smugglers and his surfboard to fulfilling his role as the member for Warringah.

Abbott's decision to avoid the public scrutiny on the ABC contrasts with the Dorothy Dixer treatment he gets from Murdoch Mouthpieces. In slang terms, he again squibbed the ABC as he leans back on his mate's club.

It seems to me that Abbott is deeply psychologically scarred by the dreadful interviews in which he made a complete monkey of himself on the ABC - 'suppository of all wisdom', 'not always the Gospel Trooth ...'. It's my view that he has neither the intelligence nor the guts to appear in public unless his responses are carefully scripted and spoon fed to him by his mates in the media.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.