abbott's abc radio interview

1. 47,342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Tony Abbott was interviewed on Radio 612 by Steve Finlay this morning; coverage was also broadcast on ABC1:

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2013/01/steve-finally-talks-to-tony-abbott.html

Commenting about being 'cultivated' Tony Abbott stated:
    "A cultivated person should be able to play a musical instrument and speak a foreign language and I can do neither!"

It's a rather quaint concept that conjures up strongly class based societies in 'noble Europe'. Of course there's much more to it than Abbott's comment suggested; including broad knowledge of other peoples and environments.

So was it an admission, even a warning to mainstream Australians that he will look out of place on the world stage should he become PM?

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/bookshelves/knight

When asked about his record low popularity Abbott reverted to the blame game:
    "My fundamental job is to put the Coalition into an election winning position... " .... "... when it's your job to give bad news to the public inevitably you run the risk of the public shooting the messenger."

So those record dissatisfaction rates are the fault of Abbott's role and the public at large! Hmmmmm?

Abbott also commented about his role and modis operandi:
    "This is an incredibly stressful job, politics. ..." ... "... A trip to the gym is a sanity break."
    "... I'm about pragmatism based on values."

Abbott even provided insight into what he studied as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford - stressing it did not include Economics because he'd studied that in Sydney:
    "I studied the politics and philosophy of British Imperialism".

So there it is. A snapshot of our alternative PM.

Abbott admits to being stressed by politics [note that stress pertains to the individual and how they respond-manage things], he informs us that he is not a cultivated person, his education is rooted in British Imperialism and he's not to blame for his record dissatisfaction ratings. He claims to operate on pragmatism based on values.

Is this what people are really looking for in an alternative leader?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.