Thanks Lappy for the thought you've put into your posts.I too...

1. 27,388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Thanks Lappy for the thought you've put into your posts.

I too share you concern.

In the tourism industry some 65000 jobs are at stake if the GT Barrier Reef goes tits up.

I'm focusing on the science Lappy,most importantly the independent science,

Underestimation of the ecological effects of dredging is common in environmental impact assessments when compared with models developed independently of developers. Our recent research - involving experts from James Cook University and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority - has found that the lack of independence in Australia’s environmental impact assessment process is a large part of why it is so ineffective.

So the possible 14 million tonnes a year of sediment pollution from dredging could easily be 2.5 times more than all of the existing agricultural, urban development and mining pollution reaching the reef at present.

And it would dwarf - more than 38 times over, in one year alone - the 360,000 tonnes of pollution avoided by the Reef Plan over 2009 to 2011.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/dredging-set-to-swamp-decades-of-great-barrier-reef-protection-20131203-2ymwv.html#ixzz32X5yjZeE

Little wonder Deutsche Bank,dont want a bar of abbotts miners free Kick.

Of course should the GT Barrier Reef go tits up,we've got coral reefs in WA.

Raider

In the land of the blind,the one eyed man is King.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.