abbott's list , page-20

1. 47,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Vistica

For your reference, our son married an Iranian girl whose family fled persecution in the early 1990s. We've gained a mountain of insights from that experience and its aftermath that have impacted our feelings towards asylum seekers and refugees.

You have my utmost respect when you state that you waited your turn in a camp before being approved to settle in Australia; as do those who are currently waiting.

I also support the process whereby those found to be abusing the system and not at risk are deported back to their source country.

As for the bitterness part; I readily admit to being highly critical of systems that treat fellow humans inhumanely or whose failures result in deaths at sea in leaky boats.

If the latest polls are to be believed Tony Abbott will become PM so that it's high time people shone the spotlight on what he will do in that role. Demonising displaced and vulnerable asylum seekers created by illegal wars Abbott supported is not to his credit and does not auger well for how he will fulfil his responsibilities.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.