"You only have to look at Tony Abbott to see what religion can...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "You only have to look at Tony Abbott to see what religion can do to a child!"

Kelby, you are a tough judge mate. I'm not a religious person but If religion turned my son into the prime minister of his country, then i will have some of that. The bloke is married with what seems to be a happy family, is successful, is church going, accepting of his sister's homosexuality, is fit and has been a volunteer for different causes for over a decade. If anything, he is a great advocate of religion and what it can do to a child.

I actually think you are way off mark. Perhaps our children could do with a little religion (and i am not a religious person).

"When religion is forced into our education system you know their are serious dangers to our children's upbringing."

Can you give some examples of serious dangers to our children's upbringing?

Although i would prefer it not be, I have no problem with it being introduced, as long as it caters for all religions, including atheists. AND as long as it doesn't detract from a child's education.

I'm interested to know what serious dangers religion has to our upbringing as opposed to all of the other problems that impact our childhood.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.