For all the people who short sightedly declare they want to see...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    For all the people who short sightedly declare they want to see the ABC abolished, I can only assume they don't watch much of their doco type programs, such as Four Corners, and don't benefit from the thrice daily detailed analysis of the news in Radio National's Breakfast AM program, "The World Today" at lunchtime, and then "PM" in the early evening.

I'm as opposed as anyone to the Left bias which definitely does exist imo in much of the ABC, but I'm also very appreciative of the interesting content from various foreign correspondents, indepth analysis of current Australian events, plus all the great programs on music and literature, interviews with interesting people that comprises ABC Radio.

Perhaps radio is seldom listened to in these days of uncritical devotion to commercial and social media.
    That's imo to the detriment of those who make such a choice.

I would hate to see the ABC abolished, but in a panglossian world, yes certainly it would be good to see some of the Left focus ameliorated.

There may be little to celebrate for many in the government's Budget, but one aspect for which I'm profoundly grateful is that the discussion of it has knocked both gay marriage and climate change out of the predominant focus for now. Thank god for that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.