To Frantic,first i wouldnt say we dont need the spending and...

1. 149 Posts.
    To Frantic,

first i wouldnt say we dont need the spending and "Proof is in the rate rises". these are hardly rate rises, they are just returning to normal levels, back up form emergency levels, BECAUSE WE AVOIDED RECESSION. the ultra low levels were another factor that helped avoid recession, and now that job is done they are going back to normal. I can't see how you can call that proof the spending wasn't necessary.

I'm sorry your area was hurt more, but no program is going to be adaptable enough to help everyone.

And as for your suggestion the mining industry is responsible for full employment in some areas, lets consider some facts from not too long ago. At the heigh of the crisis the mining industry laid off jobs everywhere it could.

Consider: If every other industry behaved like the miners australia unemployment would be something like 19% (!!) and we would have a terrible recession. It is now only 6%. I find it bizzare that people can claim the mining industry saw us through the GFC.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.