I have no idea if it is a significant 2nd wave But why is anyone...

1. 6,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    I have no idea if it is a significant 2nd wave But why is anyone being hammered for 42 deaths in Victoria this year from covid-19 and left unscathed for 50 deaths across all age groups from the flu virus in July 2019?
    Why, when I look at graphs of lockdowns in Europe, do I see a fall off in cases before the lockdowns took place?
    I haven't looked for a couple of days, but the global death count was 593k when I did last look, the WHO reports a bad flu season as accounting for 650K. Both numbers sound nasty, only this year we are also bracing ourselves for an inevitable increase in suicide and economic instability, why are we in this position when we lose people every year to viruses? Even if we eventually lose twice as many people as normal, should we not have had at least a 50% focus on previous years' lockdowns when compared with this year? We don't shutdown societies when we know 650,000 people may die from flu, but we do, without a murmur, when 593,000 die (except of course, when a particular group wants to embark on a violent, face-to-face, protest).
    Why did almost every western nation allow BLM to riot and not honestly reflect on the danger that must have caused, if the danger is so apparent?
    I don't get why more people aren't scratching their heads and asking "WTF is going on within our governments?" and not just in Victoria.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.