CXO 4.55% 10.5¢ core lithium ltd

ABC NEWS Fast track to mine

1. 113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Momentum is building to start the Northern Territory's first lithium mine and processing facility on the outskirts of Darwin.Resources company Core Exploration said it had struck high-grade lithium just 88 kilometres by road from the Port of Darwin, and expected to start mining next year.Showing ABC Rural around the proposed mine site, Core managing director Stephen Biggins said the project's close proximity to Darwin meant it was close to power, gas, sealed roads and a local workforce. "We're only 40 minutes' drive from the suburbs of Darwin and long-term it [the mine] should employ between 100 and 150 direct jobs," he said.Rural news in your inbox? Subscribe for the national headlines of the day."We're expecting a large proportion of our workforce to be based in Darwin and Berry Springs, and that will have flow-on effects to the region." Mr Biggins said the company aimed to export 225,000 tonnes of concentrate out of Darwin every year and was finalising supply deals with some of China's largest lithium producers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.