AtomouAs promised I have returned from the pub and have just...

1. 484 Posts.
    Atomou

As promised I have returned from the pub and have just reviewed the clip. The way I see it is Marr commenced by suggesting exactly what I stated previously - that it was the Australian Government's fault that the 350 people on that boat perished.

He commenced by saying that it was a nasty little lie perpetrated by the Howard Govt by saying the boat was in Indonesian waters when it was in International waters, which was patrolled by the Australian Navy.

So what pray tell was Marr's point by bringing that up? Clearly it was an ill conceived cheap shot suggesting it was our Governments fault that those people perished. Marr quickly realised his point was fatally flawed and changed his tune.

Marr even goes on to suggest that the Jarkartan harbour master knew the boat had left Jakarta so the Australian Govt should have. What absolute bullocks.

While we're on the subject is it just me or are there other hard working tax payers out there who get totally miffed by these people demanding compo for being held in detention. The guy who asked the question was angling at compensation from the start. He also asks "what is the responsibility of the Australian people for this happening, this country". The fact that he was in the audience indicates to me that he has been accepted by Australia and given the opportunity for a better life by this country and it's taxpayers. But he's not happy with that. Apart from the taxpayer no doubt paying a hefty price to process and support him since he arrived, he also wants a nice big cash bonus for the privilege, once again courtesy of the long suffering Australian taxpayer.

Also atomou I'm not sure if your reading skills are deficient or one of your strategy's is misquoting posters you don’t agree with, I suspect the later. You quote at the end of your post after mine:

“If you don't want to watch the two minutes I suggested, fine but don't talk as if you have”

I clearly stated in my previous post:

“Don't have time to watch the vid cap now I'm off to the pub so will review later but that is my succinct memory of it.”

So where does:

“If you don't want to watch the two minutes I suggested, fine but don't talk as if you have” come from?

As is evident above and by my previous posts I never implied that I had watched the net clip. I watched the whole show on the ABC on television as I had previously stated. My post clearly states that I didn’t have time to watch the vidcap that you put forward as I was off to the pub, but I would review later, and that I was posting from my memory of the show. That was Friday night. This is my first time back on HC since then and I have done as I said I would and reviewed the clip, mind you it’s taken a good half hour to find the spot and review, but I did, as I said I would.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.